Max/MSP Test :: Introduction
A few months ago I started performing some execution speed tests for Max MSP. I started the tests as a way to discover which method was most efficient for a given particular application.
I shared the first tests on the Max/MSP Facebook group and the Cycling ’74 Forums and promised to park a little space on the internet where I could host these tests in concise and an easily navigable manner.
Each test post will have at least one screen capture of the test, a description of the test format, my thoughts of each method, and a download link to the patch for your own testing purposes.
Note: All tests are using the default scheduler settings for the given version of Max MSP, and are performed on my Windows 8.1 64-bit machine (i7-4710MQ @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR3) on Max MSP 7 32-bit – unless otherwise specified.
I’m doing these tests to promote discussion and awareness. It’s to this end that I welcome you all to add to, correct or improve these test if you feel like contributing.
Likewise – if you have performed your own tests and would like to submit them to this collection, I’d be happy to host or link to your test. You can reach me on my contact page.